As of March 22, 2020:
With the safety of our students and staff continuing to be our top priority, schools will remain closed through at least Friday, April 3, in response to the public health emergency COVID-19. Mayor John Cooper today announced the “Safer at Home” public health order, which closes non-essential businesses and requires residents to stay inside their homes unless they are engaged in certain “essential activities,” effective Monday, March 23.
District leadership continues to meet daily to monitor the situation. Families can always reach the Family Information Center at: email@example.com.
Most recent updates include:
- All employees should work remotely, as possible, through at least Friday, April 3.
- School-based employees will generally not report to school during this period and may work from home unless otherwise needed. Access to the facilities will be limited during this time.
- All events (field trips, extra-curriculars, etc.) through Friday, April 3, have been canceled, including TSSAA games. Events after Friday, April 3, will be reevaluated in the coming days.
- All before- and after-school programs are canceled until further notice.
- Third-quarter grading and report cards have been postponed until further notice.
- Read more updates in our newsroom.