Sylvan Park is not officially selling City Saver books this year but never fear!!! There are some books located in the front office for sale. They are $25 per book. Checks can be made out to Sylvan Park PTO if you’d like to purchase a book. Happy Shopping!
Do you know someone who loves kids? Maybe it’s you! Project Neighborhood Aftercare @ Sylvan Park Elementary is looking for energetic, patient, creative, kid-friendly, responsible people to help supervise our students after school. Hours are Mon-Fri 3:00-5:00. Candidates must be 18 yrs old to apply. Contact Yawanda McCord @ 615-238-5819 for inquiries.
Fourth Grade Parents meet with teachers tonight regarding the annual 4th grade play. Parents should come to the auditorium at 6 pm TONIGHT to learn more about this exciting opportunity open to all fourth grade students.
We’re excited to announce our 2019-20 Fundraising Campaign, The Sylvan Park Panther Pride Fun Run! The action kicks off next week with a student Fun Run Pep Rally Friday, Sept. 6!
Throughout September, the PTO will be collecting financial donations from parents, grandparents, neighbors, family and friends. We’re seeking monetary contributions earmarked for technology, books, supplies, recreational equipment and community and family events. The Panther Pride Fun Run Campaign will be the only time this year that we ask for donations for our school.
The campaign will culminate in a school-wide Fun Run Friday, October 4th. All students and teachers will receive a free Fun Run t-shirt and have the opportunity to participate in this year’s Fun Run (with or without a donation). The Fun Run will take place on the outdoor track, during each grades’ Related Arts time.
Keep an eye out for more information to come home in your child’s folder next Fri, Sept 6th!
Ms. Goetz braves the storms during afternoon dismissal.
Did you know…
Ms. Goetz lived in Tanzania as a child and originally wanted to be a veterinarian when she grew up? Learn more about Sylvan Park’s principal in this week’s Teacher Appreciation spotlight interview.
Are you looking for an EASY way to show your love and appreciation for our teachers? Join our monthly coffee cart team! We are looking for a handful of families to commit to bringing items for the coffee cart once a month, every month. For example, if you signed up for napkins, you would send napkins in once a month, September-May. Please contact Amanda Reynolds at email@example.com if you are interested in participating.
Correction: Girl Scouts Meets Thursdays
The Tennessee Department of Education just announced Sylvan Park Elementary is designated a 2019 Reward School. Reward schools are named annually for improving in achievement and growth for both all students and student groups. Congratulations to teachers and students for their hard work behind this honor.
So that our beloved grandparents can see classrooms and meet teachers (feedback from the grandparents themselves), we are honoring our grandparents a little differently this year! Please join us:
Fall pictures will be taken Tuesday, Sept. 24. Two parents are needed to assist with this event from roughly 8:30 am – 1:00 pm. Please contact Sarah Grace at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help.
There are several ways you can support our school throughout the year!
1. By linking your grocery purchases at Publix and Kroger to Sylvan Park Paideia School, a percentage of every purchase is donated to our school. The same goes for your Amazon purchases. It only takes a few moments to link an already existing account (or to create a new account to link) to Sylvan Park.
2. Did you know that saving your Coke product codes from plastic bottle caps, cardboard boxes, and Costco cases can help our school? Same goes for Box Tops! By simply bringing in the Box Top located on many name brand product packaging such as General Mills cereal, Lysol cleaner, Hefty trash bags, and MANY more, you can help our school!
3. Don’t know what to do with those empty printer ink cartridges or old cell phones and/or laptops? Bring them to Sylvan Park! Recycling these items not only helps the environment but also our school!
Simply follow the instructions here to create/link your accounts to Sylvan Park and to learn more details about ways to support our school! While these donations may seem small, over the course of a year, they can add up to a significant amount. As always, thank you for your support! And don’t forget to let your friends and family know too!
Weekly Spotlight: AMAZON
To create an online account with Amazon: Click here.
To link your Amazon account to Sylvan Park:
1) Go to smile.amazon.com.
2) Enter your Amazon account credentials.
3) Find “Your current charity” then click “Change Charity.”
4) Search for “Sylvan Park Elementary.”
5) Select Sylvan Park.
Tip: Always shop at smile.amazon.com. In order for Sylvan Park to receive a percentage of sales, you must purchase online through smile.amazon.com (not amazon.com).
Try these 2 easy ways to start with a smile. Learn about AmazonSmile.
1. Create a bookmark to your bookmarks or favorites bar to create a shortcut to smile.amazon.com.
2. Add smile.amazon.com link on your phone’s browser or shortcuts—that way you’re still donating even when shopping on the phone.
The Sylvan Park spirit wear store is open for orders. All spirit wear is acceptable for standard school attire. Order your t-shirts and sweatshirts for the 2019-20 school year here.
Typically, spirit wear orders come in about every 2-3 weeks. Many of you have asked about additional colors and we have communicated that request to French Toast, our supplier. We will keep you posted!