Box Tops for Education is going digital!
This year, there will be two ways to save money for Sylvan Park School:
1) Cut out and collect Box Tops located on many name brand product packaging such as General Mills cereal, Lysol cleaner, Hefty trash bags, and MANY more. Recycle the box, bring the Box Top in! Have your child put the Box Tops in the Ziplock Box Top Bag in their classroom.
Tip: Please only bring Box Tops with expiration dates past 11/01/19. We cannot get any money for our school with expired tops.
2) Starting summer 2019, Box Tops is going digital and you will be able to scan your receipt using a mobile app. Download Apple app or Google play app. Visit boxtops4education.com to view eligible products and how to get credit from online stores.
Bring a picnic dinner, visit with other Panther families, and learn what’s happening at school. Our PTO meetings are open to ALL parents and caregivers! This event is a community gathering for both children and caregivers.
Our first annual Panther Pride Fun Run kicks off this Friday, Sept 6th! All students will have the opportunity to take part in our Fun Run Pep Rally and each will receive a Fun Run wristband, which includes the link to our online donation form.
Throughout September, financial donations may be made by parents, grandparents, neighbors, family and friends. We’re seeking monetary contributions earmarked for technology, books, supplies, recreational equipment and community and family events. The Panther Pride Fun Run Campaign will be the only time this year that we ask for monetary donations for our school.
Our campaign will conclude with our school-wide Fun Run on Friday, October 4th. The Fun Run will take place on our outdoor track during each grades’ Related Arts time. All students and teachers will receive a free Fun Run t-shirt and have the opportunity to participate in this year’s Fun Run (with or without a donation). We encourage parents, family members and friends to attend.
Keep an eye out for a flyer with donation details to come home in your child’s folder this Friday!
Let’s show our Sylvan Park staff how much we love them by filling their lounge with necessities and special treats! Please bring all items to the downstairs staff lounge on Wednesday, September 11. If you would like to bring non-perishable items early, please ensure that they are clearly marked “Teacher Appreciation” and drop them in the main office.
Sign up HERE or visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f044eadaa2aa6fd0-stock5
Thanks for your help in showing our gratitude to our amazing staff!
The Cooking Club has 4-5 remaining spots available for families who would like to sign up. Cooking Club is open to students in K-4 and meets at Sylvan Park Thursday afternoons from 3 – 4 pm through Dec. 12. In Cooking Club, young chefs will prepare seasonally appropriate recipes to enjoy while learning methods and techniques they can apply to cooking with their families at home. Contact Holly at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
The PTO Diversity Committee has completed our first bulletin board of the school year! Throughout the year, we use this space to highlight the diversity in Sylvan Park and our world. We hope you ask your child(ren) about each display and utilize the messages as a starting point for family discussions. If you are interested in joining the committee to work this and other projects, email Valerie Cordero at email@example.com.
Hover over bottom of post to view arrows and access second page of document.Science-Lab-Dates-2019-2020
There are several ways you can support our school throughout the year!
1. By linking your grocery purchases at Publix and Kroger to Sylvan Park Paideia School, a percentage of every purchase is donated to our school. The same goes for your Amazon purchases. It only takes a few moments to link an already existing account (or to create a new account to link) to Sylvan Park.
2. Did you know that saving your Coke product codes from plastic bottle caps, cardboard boxes, and Costco cases can help our school? Same goes for Box Tops! By simply bringing in the Box Top located on many name brand product packaging such as General Mills cereal, Lysol cleaner, Hefty trash bags, and MANY more, you can help our school!
3. Don’t know what to do with those empty printer ink cartridges or old cell phones and/or laptops? Bring them to Sylvan Park! Recycling these items not only helps the environment but also our school!
Simply follow the instructions here to create/link your accounts to Sylvan Park and to learn more details about ways to support our school! While these donations may seem small, over the course of a year, they can add up to a significant amount. As always, thank you for your support! And don’t forget to let your friends and family know too!
Weekly Spotlight: COKE
Save your Coke product codes from plastic bottle caps, cardboard boxes, and Costco cases.
How to donate Coke points to Sylvan Park School:
1) Go to:
https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ Follow the onscreen directions to donate to Sylvan Park (make sure you select the Nashville Sylvan Park Paideia) OR
2) Bring your codes into the front office at school and put them inside the “RED” Coke box.
Each week will feature a coat of the week and pictures of items in the lost and found, located in the stairwell nearest the gym in the Kindergarten hallway.