Please click here to sign up to help at our Ice Cream Social/Roster Reveal on Friday, August 5. Handing out ice cream is an easy and fun gig!
Please review this arrival and dismissal map to prepare for dropping off and picking up your child. Please also remember to be attentive and be patient – the first few days are always a bit slow but we all adjust quickly!
Kindergarten families – join us today at 3:30 p.m. on the Sylvan Park playground for popsicles and play time. Can’t wait to get to know you!
Join our neighbors this Sunday, July 31 from 1-4pm at Richland Park for fun, food, and a school supply drive to benefit Sylvan Park and Park Avenue schools. Post-its, band-aids, socks, underwear, and backpacks have been specifically requested.
Here are the new guidelines for this year’s dress code. The main differences this year are that shirts do not require a collar and pants/shorts/skirts can be any solid color, khaki, or jeans.
- Short sleeve, long sleeve or sleeveless (with wide straps) in solid colors. No logo bigger than 2 inches, no text, collars not required.
- Sylvan Park Spirit wear tops (including spirit wear hoodies) are always permitted.
- Any sweaters, cardigans, or additional layer of clothing that is worn throughout the day should be a solid color with no logo bigger than 2 inches, no text, collars not required.
- Headwear permitted for religious reasons only (no hoods or hats may be worn in the building)
- Bottoms may be any solid color pants/khakis/jeans/shorts/ skirts (no holes/rips).
- Solid-colored leggings with a shirt/top that is fingertip length/completely covers the bottom.
- Leggings (including patterns) may be worn under dress/skirts/shorts
- Shorts/dresses/skirts must be to fingertip length/completely cover the bottom
- Shoes must have a closed toe. No flip flops.
- Tennis shoes required on PE days (highly encouraged)
Fridays – Spirit Day/Team Day (wear your favorite Team shirt/sweatshirt)
Any Non-SSA days will be communicated via call-out or by your child’s teacher.
Kindergarten students will NOT need a backpack as they will be using Sylvan Park tote bags. These bags fit in their Kindergarten lockers and are easy for the students to carry independently. Please send in $10 (or a check made to the Sylvan Park PTO) to cover the cost of your child’s bag – payments can be made at the Ice Cream Social or sent in during the first week of school. Tote bags will be sent home with Kindergarteners at the Ice Cream Social.
Check out this free reading series available for K-2nd grade students! Receive free resources to help your child learn to read.
Let’s support our beloved Sylvan Park teachers by completing some tasks to get their classrooms ready for the beginning of the year! Sign up here for a shift at school on Saturday, August 6 and/or Sunday, August 7 between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Come ready to roll up your sleeves and get things looking beautiful!
For the latest information on school and PTO events, check out our PTO calendar!
Order your Sylvan Park gear here! Items will be sent home from school with your student when they are ready.
Join us on Friday, August 5 from 3-5 p.m. for our roster reveal/meet your teacher/ice cream social! Feel free to bring your school supplies that day so your child does not have to carry them on the first day of school. All attendees will be able to come in the building, see their new classroom, and briefly meet their teacher.
The Kindergarten team will meet with incoming Kindergarten students by appointment on Wednesday, July 27th and Thursday, July 28th. This time together will help teachers plan instruction tailored to student needs starting on the first day of school. It also gives the students another opportunity to meet the Kindergarten teachers which can make for a smoother start to their Kindergarten year!
The screenings will be done one on one with your child and a Kindergarten teacher. The screening will take 10 minutes. Sign up here.
Supply lists for each grade for 2022-23 can now be found in the Info menu, or just click this button: